Monday, October 15, 2007

Latest releases

So. I'm in the process of digesting the new Radiohead album. As of late I've been terribly anxious and excited at the prospect of this release. Radiohead, for several albums, has ventured into the realm of significant musical exploration, but sadly without generating a work that has been as cohesive and sonically brilliant as OK Computer. At this point we're talking ten years. I'm hoping that In Rainbows will bring that back. There have been gems since OK.. but nothing that I could quantify as a whole, satisfying and complete work. A full ALBUM if you will. I have hopes for In Rainbows and I'm slowly going through it to determine if this is the one. I feel like i'm going on a date and hoping for the right fit. Luckily, I have a long flight to Barcelona coming in a few days and will take that chance to really focus on the album with earbuds in place, hoping for the perfect sonic make out session.

I'll also review a few other wonderful gems in that process. More easily digested fare from Jimmy Eat World and Puressence will definitely be on the "plane" du jour. Here's to wishing me luck!

No comments: