Thursday, April 03, 2008

Metric

A few nights ago I was flipping through Ivan's latest find (muxtape.com) and came across a song by Metric. I believe I've heard something by them before but for some reason it struck me more Tuesday night than ever before.

The song was Soft Rock Star. It is a catchy tune. I've been listening to them on Rhapsody this morning and I've decided they can now officially become part of my collection.

Favorite songs thus far:

- Soft Rock Star (Jimmy vs Joe Mix)
- Combat Baby
- Hardwire
- Police and the Private

I have to laugh at myself a bit. I used to be so annoyed by female artists. I still am very picky when it comes to female vocals but I have fallen in love with some of them (Rilo, Metric, Fine Frenzy, Ingrid Michaelson, Alicia Keys, etc). Yay for great music and talented people who share!

No comments: